When faced by a sudden loss of energy at any time of day, here’s a fast and effective way to restore your vitality. It can be performed sitting or standing. You may find it easier if you close your eyes. If the air is fresh and clear, stand by an open window when carrying out the procedure.
1. Take a deep breath and feel your abdomen expanding as you bring your arms around in front of you and slowly up over your head.
2. Stretch slowly as your palms reach up towards the ceiling and rock your body from side to side by shifting the weight between the right and left foot then back again.
3. As you inhale imagine the clean, pure breath filling your body with light and energy, dissolving away fatigue and leaving you refreshed and reinvigorated.
4. Breathe out while slowly bringing your arms slowly down. As you do so imagine all your tiredness flowing away from your body and into the surrounding air.
5. Repeat three times. Focus especially on any area where you feel your energy levels may be particularly low, such as your arms, hands or lower back. Picture the inhaled air moving into this spot, dissolving away the tiredness and replacing it with strength and vitality.