Dan Jones GHR (Reg.), GQHP, DHypPsych (UK), Dip.I.Hyp.E.Psy.NLP Prac (BHR), BSYA (B.D, Cur.Hyp, H.Md, Zen.Md), MASC (Relax, NLP)
- Dan Jones has sold over 100,000 books
- Dan Jones self-hypnosis Mp3’s have been downloaded over 500,000 times
- Almost 2 million YouTube video views (Subscribe to his regular videos here)
- Dan Jones eCourses are being taken by almost 5,000 students from 119 countries
‘At Home With Gok Wan’ magazine described Dan Jones as ‘the UK’s leading personal development coach‘
I have more than 20 years’ clinical experience and have written many books on Hypnosis, Therapy and Self Help. These include the Amazon number one bestsellers Advanced Ericksonian Hypnotherapy Scripts and Take Control of Your Life. I have also written about my personal and professional experiences of Asperger’s Syndrome (a high-functioning form of autism) and author of the best selling ‘Look Into My Eyes: Asperger’s, Hypnosis, & Me.
I trained in hypnotherapy and psychotherapy at Brighton University, Brighton, the British Hypnosis Research Centre at Roehampton University, London and in Clinical Supervision on the British Psychological Society accredited course on ‘Signs of Safety’, a solution focused approach to child protection.
I have also completed courses in Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Human Given’s Therapy, Hypnotherapy, Meditation and Mindfulness, Emotional Freedom Technique, Relaxation Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and various forms of Psychotherapeutic Practice.
I started working in the caring professions in 1997 with adults manifesting mental health, learning and developmental disabilities including schizophrenia, manic depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, and autism.
Later I worked with children and young people, in residential care homes, who were exhibiting challenging behaviour, including oppositional defiance disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and autism/Asperger’s.
I then moved into parenting and family work initially within the youth offending service, focusing on reducing youth anti-social behaviour and youth offending, before taking on a role managing a team of family intervention project staff, and managing a team of troubled families family support workers. We helped parents, whose children and ‘teens were committing anti-social behaviour and youth crime, to prevent continuing to do anti-social behaviour & youth crime. We also supported families with problems that included dysfunctional family relationships, child/teen to parent violence and abuse, getting them back into work and children back into school.
Since 2002 I have been working with clients on personal development, performance enhancement, depression and anxiety disorders, sleep issues and addictions, as well as offering training around hypnosis, therapy, parenting and family support, breakaway and safety awareness, and conflict resolution.
Dr David Lewis BSc(Hons) D.Phil. FRSM.FISMA.FINSTD. AFBPsS. C.Psychol
I began my career studying medicine but later switched to psychology and gained a First Class Honours degree in psychology and later a doctorate from the Department of Experimental Psychology at the University of Sussex where I conducted research into ways of treating anxiety, phobias and stress within the community. I also established a national charity – Action on Phobias – to put my research findings into practice. After lecturing at the University in Clinical Psychology and Psychopathology I left the academic world, in 1987, to start my own private practice.
I am a Chartered Psychologist and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, the International Stress Management Association and the Institute of Directors, an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society and a member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
My many books on child development include: The Secret Language of Your Child; You Can Teach Your Child Intelligence; Mind Skills and How to Be a Gifted Parent. Helping Your Anxious Child; Helping Your Child Through School; Your Child’s Drawings- Their Hidden Meaning. My interest in the relationship between stress and health led me to write: The Doctors’ Heart Attack Recovery Plan (with Dr John Storey); One-Minute Stress Management; The Alpha Plan (made into a BBC TV documentary); Life Unlimited; Ten Minute Time and Stress Management and Information Overload – Practical Strategies for Surviving in Today’s Workplace.
Academic Qualifications & Affiliations
- First class honours degree in psychology (BSc Hons). Department of Biological Sciences. University of Westminster 1981.
- Doctorate in Psychology (D.Phil) University of Sussex, Department of Experimental Psychology, 1986.
- Lecturer in clinical psychology and psychopathology University of Sussex. 1985 – 1988.
- Co-founder, Chairman and Director of Neuroscience at Mindlab International, an organisation – based at the University of Sussex – that brings together some of the most UK’s most innovative scientific and creative thinkers.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Fellow of the Institute of Directors.
- Fellow of the International Stress Management Association.
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society and Chartered Psychologist.
- Fellow or Associate of the following professional bodies: American Association for the Advancement of Science; The International Society for Neuronal Regulation; Association for Psychological Science (USA); American Clinical Neurophysiology Society; Association of Business Psychologists, MENSA (UK), The Society of Authors.